Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Feathers And Lights


Day 63: It will come as no surprise to those who know my love of nature to see that my Christmas tree is decked out in birds of many shapes and sizes.While the avian membership accounts for ninety percent of the population, a few glass baubles and bangles are interspersed among their inquisitive beaks.

As a Crow, of course I enjoy shiny things, sparkly things. So too do I love the bright lights of the holiday season whether white or colored. Following a long-established custom, I will rise even earlier than usual on Christmas morning and light a few candles in the darkness before turning on the tree. Then I will take up residence in my comfy chair, warmed by a fleece blanket and a cat or two, enjoying the twinkle of tiny electric novae as I await the dawn. At sunrise, gifts are opened, but not before, lest the magic of the pre-dawn hours be lost.

1 comment:

  1. This is a very pretty tree! I like your Christmas light starbursts!

    ReplyDelete