Thursday, December 2, 2010

Girl In A Snow Chapeau


Day 50: I left home with intention to take a short snowshoe hike back up to my "secret falls," this time with the tripod in my pack. I was terribly disappointed when I got there, because not only had I forgotten the "foot" which screws into the bottom of the camera for mounting, the ice had degraded rather badly and didn't offer much which would have been worth photographing. In order to salvage something from my efforts, I chose to go further up the road.

Did I mention that it was noon when I left home? One thing led to another and then another, and before I knew it, I was three miles in. I kept going for another half mile or so until I reached a minor destination, took a few photos and started the trek back. I'd gone a quarter mile or so when I noticed a fringe of ice hanging from a mat of snow on top of a large boulder, so I pulled out the camera. In panning the boulder, I spotted this profile. To me, it looks like a young woman, and the snow makes a perfect fur hat to keep her warm through the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment