Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Where's Waldo?


Day 70: The Box arrived today, a trove of goodies from ParkerRiverKid, who insisted that some of them needed opening immediately.

Now it so happens that by the time she received my email saying the Box had been delivered, I had already installed the gifts under the tree, carefully arranging them to prevent feline incursions. Many had heavier things stacked on top of them to deter the curious who would not be content only with investigating the ones bearing their names.

When I received instructions from PRK to open "the red one with white snowflakes, about six inches square, two inches thick," I got down on my knees and began unstacking. I could not find a present meeting that description, and emailed PRK a query regarding one which was similar. Nope, that gift was off limits until Christmas morning. I went back and searched again, coming up with another possibility. Nope, she said, although that one would do as a substitute.

Perturbed, I wanted to find the specific gift she'd suggested, and in truth, she was beginning to wonder if she'd forgotten to mail it. My next email to her read, "I will have to take a picture of the tablecloth I use for a tree skirt. You talk about chameleon camo! I might not have found it until I put the tree away!"

Top center, label now clearly showing. That's where Waldo is, in disguise as delicious home-made trail mix which I'm sure my canny, catty associates would have found overnight.

1 comment:

  1. What a great collection of gifts! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete