Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mister Preens Missus


Day 88: The Newlyweds were back on the fence this morning following a fresh fall of two inches of snow. They seem to come to the Crow Board more frequently when there's snow on the ground, although I don't think it has much to do with food being unavailable, since they get additional handouts from both my neighbor and another a quarter mile down the road.

Their confidence around me is growing. Today, when they were done eating and had settled in on the fence to groom one another, they were not at all perturbed by the rattling of the sliding glass kitchen door as I drew it back. I spoke to them as I stepped out on the porch, both of them looking toward me at the sound of my voice. They returned to their exchange of tendernesses almost immediately and remained on the fence for ten minutes or more while I photographed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment