Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Unsolicited Assistance


Day 90: Something (I'm not sure which one) went somewhere no Somethings are allowed last night, and seized...seized, I tell you!...an innocent ball of yarn attached to half a sock cuff and three size 1 needles. The fourth needle remained on top of the bookcase where it had been placed, but the yarn was found on the floor, savaged but not entirely disemboweled.

It is to be noted that while cats are not allowed on "hard" furniture or counters (no tabletops, desks or bookcases), any "soft" spot is open for use. The bookcase is within cat-arm's reach of the back of an overstuffed chair, a circumstance which clearly puts me in the wrong for having placed temptation too close at hand. That said, as I attempted to work a few more rows today, the tangled guts of the skein eventually proved too tedious to pick apart every few stitches. I gave in and pulled the skein apart to rewind with a mechanical winder. My new sock-in-progress will be hidden safely away from prying paws tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment