Tuesday, February 1, 2011

East Creek, The Old-Fashioned Way


Day 111: My maternal grandfather was a professional photographer whose images were used by Eastman for a number of their "penny postcards." Over the last few weeks, I've been playing around with post-processing, trying to duplicate that wonderful old hand-tinted look, in the hopes of applying it to the same type of scenes he favored.

Today I took a stroll on a nature trail, intending to look for mosses and lichens, birds, perhaps even a view of little East Creek as it meandered down to Alder Lake. I did not consider the fact that the reservoir is at capacity, so I arrived at East Creek's shore somewhat precipitously. Where there should have been a grassy meadow, there was a still reflecting pool. My mind turned to my grandfather's photographs and the opportunity literally spread out before me. Forgive me a moment of vanity, but I think Grandpa would approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment