Saturday, March 19, 2011

Corvus Brachyrhynchos, My Kind Of Guy


Day 157: Corvus brachyrhynchos is slightly larger than Corvus caurinus and has a marginally deeper, hoarser voice. So says David Allen Sibley in "The Sibley Guide to Birds." I suspect that the dividing line is rather indistinct in areas such as mine where the two populations overlap because like the forms of Dark-Eyed Juncos, the species interbreed. In any event, I don't ask for identification for admission to the breakfast table. This fellow expected seconds this morning. Who could possibly deny that pointed stare?

2 comments:

  1. I might be afraid to deny that stare! He looks fierce! I'm always in awe of the quality of your bird photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have an agreement...I feed 'em, they pose. :LOL:

    ReplyDelete