Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lonesome Line


Day 225: Some years ago, I was driving along in the early winter when the leaves were gone from the deciduous trees and caught a glimpse of an old wooden railroad trestle set in the valley of a small creek. I made a mental note of a spot where I could pull off some day when I had the camera in the car, but it was some time before I actually got around to doing the deed.

A few weeks ago, I stopped again in a pouring rainstorm and was shocked to discover that the quiet little stream had carved a much deeper channel during recent floods. The trestle was still standing, but other portions of the line have been washed completely away. Thus it was that I decided to come back again with the tripod to do justice to this old structure while it is still standing. The image you see above is an HDR merge which used one black-and-white photo and two sepiatones. The processing restores a bit of the life this old bridge had in its heyday

No comments:

Post a Comment