Sunday, June 5, 2011

Columbine In Pale Yellow


Day 235: One thing leads to another.

It began yesterday with a short hike and the discovery that I'd brought home an unexpected passenger. We never used to worry about ticks in Western Washington (in fact, I hiked fifty years before encountering my first one), but over the last decade, they have become a problem. I never think about DEET until I've picked up my first one for the season, and that was yesterday. I removed it before it got embedded and no harm done (except to the tick), but I have spent today feeling like they're all over me. It's a normal reaction.

With my mind somewhat preoccupied ("obsessed"), I have had one of the lousiest...make that "tickiest"...days (photographically speaking) of personal record. I haven't been able to make anything work for me today, not that I haven't tried. I did, however, manage to build a new bird feeder to try to entice Little Blue Snot (a somewhat rare Lazuli Bunting) in front of the lens. So far, no luck. I also managed to go to sleep sitting outside and was waked with a start when a Steller's Jay went off like an alarm clock, something which in my foggy state I perceived as my cell phone ringing.

One thing leads to another.

Not exactly having all my wits about me, I posted my "blog shot" and a description; right photo, wrong description. In attempting to mend the wrong, I deleted the photo from my files. I hadn't been particularly happy with it anyway, but I was less happy with this one which, forgive me, is just going to have to do.

I think I'll get up on the other side of the bed tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. My husband used to say, "Some days are diamonds. Some days are really hard jellybeans." Sorry it was a hard jellybean day. I love you columbine - before I read your description I was thinking again that I'm (again) very impressed with the clarity of this photo. Have a good rest, and a diamond Monday.

    ReplyDelete