Friday, August 19, 2011

Mineral Water


Day 310: I often visit Mineral Lake in search of photo opportunities because it is home to a wide variety of birds, bugs, plants and critters. Nine times out of ten, if I leave home with something specific in mind, I will find myself returning with something unexpected: a loon, otters, mating dragonflies or even the occasional character shot of an angler trying his luck. Today I swung by with a mind to shooting a particularly interesting piece of wood which is marked with the hieroglyphics of beetles and a work of art in its own right, but as I leaned over the railing of the dock, I was momentarily blinded by the sparkles dancing on the agitated water. I made several captures looking almost straight down and among them found this spectacular constellation in the universe below my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment