Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tall Phlox, Phlox Paniculata


Day 295: Yes, it's pink. Anyone who knows me even half-well could guess that it must have come with the house, and that's very true. I managed to eradicate it from the flowerbeds where its pinkness would offend my eye every time I looked out my living room window, but a pang of conscience for the poor thing compelled me to transplant one clump to a weedy spot beneath the kitchen window. I only see it when I go out back, and it always surprises me with its cheerful, vibrant pinkness. There is always one brief flash of instinct which says, "Rip it out!" before I remind myself that it can't help being that color as it tries to be beautiful. As long as it doesn't go wandering into the real garden, I think I can tolerate its presence for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment