Friday, September 9, 2011

Chicks Rule


Day 331: Well, the Puyallup Fair opened today, so I bundled up the camera and headed out the door in time to be one of the first in line. The Fair gets pretty crowded when the weather is good, making it almost impossible to get close enough to any of the exhibits to get photos without some portion of someone in the shot. I had several specific targets in mind, the first being the produce displays put on by the area granges. That done, I raced over to the Pavilion and the photo salons. Taking pictures is not allowed in the salons, but since I have an image on display in the International Salon, I was able to get permission for a photo of my own photo with myself in the shot. The image was taken by one of the officials and I had to chuckle because it required quite a bit of straightening in post.

Next on the agenda were the pig pens and the baby piglets which always draw a good crowd. Then I was off to see if chickens were on display (the poultry barn also serves for rabbits on a rotation basis). Not only were the chickens present, but the brooder was full of little girls just begging to be stars. These two were inseparable friends. Hey, chicks rule!

No comments:

Post a Comment