Monday, September 12, 2011

Pinnacle Illusion


Day 334: After a day among people yesterday, I needed a hike. I was just gearing up to leave when a friend stopped by and stayed for an hour and a half, forcing a revision of plan. Instead of hiking up to Comet Falls in the cooler portion of the day, I wound up making a shorter trek to the saddle between Pinnacle Peak and Plummer Peak where the mosquitoes were absolutely ravenous.

That said, I did manage to take a number of photos during the course of the hike, this one coming on the heels of a "trick photography" shoot yesterday. As I was framing a shot of the Mountain, I happened to notice that the curves of two adjacent tree trunks matched almost exactly in both size and arc, making it appear that there was only one tree which was both broken and unbroken, a subtle but nonetheless forced perspective. The novelty of the arrangement and coincidence of the previous day's shoot secured its spot in today's 365 Caws.

No comments:

Post a Comment