Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Present To Self


Day 49: I am so close to done with my first weaving project on the "new" loom that my mind has been running to projects and it's all I can do to make myself stay seated to weave instead of leaping up to measure out a new warp. Despite trying to convince myself that I should use threads from my small stockpile, I couldn't resist the temptation and today braved Big City traffic and a two and a half hour drive to Seattle's University District. There, I spent a mere twenty minutes in a shop called "The Weaving Works," and emerged with these new 8/2 cottons, displayed on an overshot coverlet I wove years ago. I'll be working with these for months to come, since there is enough thread on the cones for quite a few large or (literally) lengthy projects. I'm looking forward to combining them in various ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment