Monday, December 19, 2011

Smokey Wears Two...No, Four...Hats


Day 67: Smokey Bear, that iconic symbol of the National Forest Service (as opposed to the National Park Service, a different entity entirely), has gone and got himself all gussied up for Christmas! I was driving by too fast to pull off at Rocky Point last week when I first spotted his new hat...make that "hats." I rather suspect the hosts at the nearby Tacoma Power and Light campground were responsible for his divergence from standard dress code. In any event, someone was fortunate to find a Santa hat which would fit over his customary four-dent ranger's campaign lid. Today, I made a point of catching him from both sides, discovering as I did so that both layers had individual chapeaux. I rather like the rakish look of the pompom over the eye, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment