Sunday, December 4, 2011

Turnabout's Fair Play


Day 52: My good friend Kevin is forever capturing me in less-than-glamorous photos. Okay, I will admit that at least 75% of the time, it's because I've seen him aiming the camera and have done something goofy as he clicks the shutter, but there's that other 25% to consider.

The first time I caught him at it, I'd been working on a volunteer clean-up project at Mt. Rainier. He was sneakier in those days and fired from the hip while engaging me in conversation. I heard the click anyway. When he published the photos for our group, there it was: a view right up my nose.

Today was no exception, although I had to laugh at the situation into which I'd gotten myself. Kevin's youngest son was playing at a piano recital in a local church and, photographer that I am, I was nosing about the Christmas displays. So was Kevin, so he was on hand when I raised up and managed to insert the twist rod of the vertical blinds between my glasses and my cheek. I said aloud, "Ack! I've been attacked!" and Kevin quickly responded by snapping a picture before I could get free.

Thus it was that I waited my moment for this shot. Turnabout's fair play, as they say, so I sneaked up on Kevin while he was engaged with his own photographic pursuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment