Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Crow


Day 89: A fully feathered Crow is what you see here, literally if somewhat faintly scented with old-fashioned naphthalene moth balls, and wishing the circumstances could have been happier for donning the uniform of a National Park Service volunteer. The tie was borrowed; an item which was never part of my regular backcountry attire. Missing was a nametag because that changed since last I pinned it above my pocket, but the creases in my trousers were as sharp as I ever wore them because even in the backcountry, I had my Park to represent. Whether I now go to sit behind a desk to answer visitors' questions, roam the alpine meadows or work at a computer in a dusty corner of the museum, I am proud to be an active part of the Park Service family again.

No comments:

Post a Comment