Friday, January 27, 2012

Mashell Eagle


Day 106: A cold morning found me in downtown Eatonville on a photo shoot, one leg of which was to take me to the farthest end of Smallwood Park and a colony of Cladonia. The trail reaches the riverbank very soon after you leave the parking area and affords a view of the eagles' favorite tree as soon as you crest a small rise. Today, there were two birds, the second mostly concealed by one trunk, and both were facing away from the camera. Since I had the tripod with me (a rare occurrence), I set it up and zoomed in at 74x (digital), hoping that without shake, I'd be able to get a decent capture. Patience was the key, because an eagle is always surveying his environment. I only had to wait until Baldy turned his far-side eye toward the construction to the north. Such a handsome fellow he is, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment