Saturday, February 11, 2012

Bring On Spring!


Day 121: Bring it on! I am ready! My seed order from Parks arrived a few days ago, and with the warm days we've been having, it was terribly tempting to go out and scrabble in the dirt for a bit to get the flowerbeds ready to receive seedlings. But prudence prevailed and, knowing that we won't be reliably frost-free until June 1 or later, I had to suffice with simply throwing bits of moss out of the image frame.

That said, the Leavenworth Eryngo (Sea Holly) is bedded down in moist sand on the lowest shelf of the refrigerator. There was no warning in the catalog that it had a pre-chill requirement, a process with which I have had very little luck previously. However, even if it fails to germinate, I have a selection of old and trusted varieties to fill in the garden and hanging baskets: Gazanias, Cosmos, Rudbeckia, Ageratum, Petunias...oh, and a package of radish seeds, free for placing the order. It's those last ones I worry about. I can't grow vegetables worth a darn!

No comments:

Post a Comment