Monday, February 13, 2012

Industrial Steel-Cap Toes


Day 123: Every now and then, a girl just has to buy a new pair of dress boots whether she needs them or not. I have long coveted a pair of Doc Martens and finally took the plunge via Amazon, despite the fact that my feet are a very small size and I was afraid the size 5s would be too large. I needn't have worried. They fit better than any pair of boots I've owned since the Bambinos (now 40 years old and still in decent shape). They are just large enough that I can wear two pair of wool socks for snowshoeing. The heel caps fit snugly and there's exactly enough room in the toe. The soles are the same material as those on the Bambinos (something I think is better than Vibram), and the Norwegian welt means they can be replaced when, inevitably, I wear them out. I wanted to show them at their prettiest, before I slather on the Snow Seal currently heating on the stove. I'll be stepping out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment