Monday, April 16, 2012

The Forest Of Wilton


Day 186: There was a time when I did a lot of cake decorating, often helping a friend who created masterpieces for weddings. I did not have her skill, but it was not for lack of equipment. I think I owned every decorating tip Wilton ever made.

A few years back, I shipped the lot of them to ParkerRiverKid, certain that my decorating days had come to an end. I simply wasn't in a situation where I might have wanted to bake. At the time, PRK was renting, so the tips were stored in her mother's garage. When it came time to sort through things to move into a new home, she asked me if I'd like them returned. I'd only recently missed them when I needed to create a birthday cake for my fishing buddy, so I said yes, and she mailed them back to me. Since that day, I've used them twice, today being the second time. I got frosting all over the kitchen, all over me, and only narrowly spared the cats. I'd forgotten what a messy project decorating is, at least in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment