Sunday, June 10, 2012

Mama's New Toy


Day 241: I bought myself a new toy today, and it's no longer as shiny as it was in this photo.

To make a long story short, I purchased a defective quartz heater from Home Depot at the start of winter, and it took me this long to get any satisfaction from the company. Home Depot finally issued an in-store credit in the amount of the purchase, and today I spent it on two "garden tools": a lady-sized chainsaw and a weed-whacker.

I needed a hedge trimmer and I needed to remove the wrist-thick stubs which projected several inches above the basic crop level of the yews. The way I figured it was this: you can use a chainsaw for a hedge trimmer, but it doesn't work so well the other way around. Besides, a chainsaw is good for a lot of other projects. That said, the first one is done. I won't say the hedge is level on top, but at least those unsightly stubs are gone. My hair is full of yew bits, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment