Friday, June 15, 2012

Nuttall's Larkspur, Delphinium Nuttallii


Day 246: The weather was good this morning for the first time in two week and the forecast looked rather dismal for the remainder of the week, so I decided to go for a short bike ride on the Chehalis-Western Trail. The C-W cuts through one of western Washington's grass prairies, and often provides a menu of delights to anyone interested in wildflowers or birds. Today, I found the Larkspur in bloom, its vivid blue color standing out strikingly against the paler grasses.

As for that "short" ride, when I came to my turn-around point at the ten-mile mark, I discovered I had left my water bottle on the kitchen counter. I shifted to Alternate Plan B, and rode an additional seven miles to Taco Time where I bought bottled water and lunch. My "short" ride turned into 34 miles.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty pic of the larkspur.....starting in our high mtns. now too. Taco Time in Washington????? One of my favorite places here in Sandy for the crisp bean burritios. Funny how connected friends can be in some unique ways :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I love Taco Time! I'm particularly fond of beef Baja tacos. When I ride this particular trail (the Chehalis-Western), my reward is a Taco Time lunch at the top end. I used to do the same thing when I rode the Green River/Interurban, but several years ago, they lost a section of that trail to flooding. Since I don't like to ride on city streets, I don't make that run any more.

    ReplyDelete