Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Wildflower Day


Day 258: I'm always telling people not to pick the wildflowers, and when I settled in with my photographic score for the day, I found myself in a quandary. I simply couldn't make myself pick one!

Yes, I was out on the bike again today, the fifth and last day of sun in June if the forecast can be believed. In honor of dry weather, I'd left home intending to ride the Foothills Trail for a short thirty miler. Somehow, I wound up back on the Chehalis-Western again, and by the time my ride was over, I'd clocked just over FIFTY miles. I think what tipped the balance was the prospect of wildflowers. The Foothills Trail offers fewer varieties. There was also the birdwatching consideration. I tend to spot more interesting species on the Chehalis-Western, and today was no exception. Both the Scrub Jays and the Cedar Waxwings put in appearances, but the little stinkers were too quick for me, as they so often are.

No comments:

Post a Comment