Saturday, July 21, 2012

Chip And Crow


Day 282: When you live out in the Back of Beyond, the term "yard work" takes on a whole 'nother meaning. A month or two back, I bought myself a small electric chainsaw to take care of some of my "yard work," but there still remained a limbing task which was not possible for me to do safely because of my size. I can always count on Clyde to come through for me in matters like this, so I enlisted his services with a pole saw having an 11-foot reach. He brought down the hazard branches on my big Doug fir a few days ago. Then bad weather moved in, and when it cleared, I had a photo assignment which took priority over cleanup. Today, I had both time and energy for the job, so I dragged Chip (the chainsaw) out of the garage and proceeded to make two similar "haystacks" containing manageable lengths. By the time we're allowed to burn yard debris again in the fall, the wood should be nice and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment