Friday, July 20, 2012

Young Raven At Longmire


Day 281 (Two of two): When I got back from a line-of-duty photo shoot today and wanted to check in at the office, I discovered two very friendly Ravens patrolling the revegetated areas just outside the back entrance of the Administration Building. Assuming they were Rickie and Lucy, the resident pair, I spoke to them softly in their own language and moved slowly toward the door, not wishing to disturb them as they collected bugs and other bits in the planting. It was only when I got home and loaded the photos into the computer that I noticed the faint pink tint at the hinge of this bird's beak, a telltale which denotes a young bird fairly recently fledged. I am delighted to have new "grandchildren" on the premises!

No comments:

Post a Comment