Monday, September 24, 2012

Adopt-A-Highway


Day 356: We are ready to roll! Today I took delivery of the supplies provided by the Washington State Department of Transportation for their Adopt-A-Highway program. I have eleven Mount Rainier Volunteers at my disposal on National Public Lands Day next Saturday and a two-mile stretch of highway badly in need of cleanup. The weather forecast is favorable, so now all I need to do is pick up additional safety vests, gloves and long-armed grabbers from Park stores and wait for my crew to show up at 9 AM at Tahoma Woods.

My thanks goes out to everyone who helped make this project possible. Without your cooperation and assistance, it couldn't have happened. Let's hear it for those wonderful Volunteers who give their time and effort to Mount Rainier National Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment