Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Well-Dressed Brigand


Day 340 (Part the First): Th' Black Blade don't go much fer joolery 'ceptin' for the pig-sticker wot ain't ever far from 'and, but when ye've got a mo' t'spend ashore an' 'ave a mind to some better grog'n ship's stores, it ain't doin' no 'arm to put on the dog a bit. Fer th'occasion, I tied me up a turk's-'ead ring outer a bit o' leather cord an' 'ung that bloody no-account timepiece on me belt, that wot I kipped out'n 'is Lordship's pocket last landfall. Didn't know the bugger was bust, nor that it weren't real gold when I whopped 'im upside the 'ead wi' me one-fisted monkey. 'F I'd knowd then wot I knows now, I'da let some other brigand 'ave the piece. Aye, but a lady do need t'look like she's got jinglin' change in 'er purse when she goes in a grog shop, by golly, but that there watch ain't worth a pint o' poor beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment