Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Marlinespike Fusion Fun



Day 28 (Part Two): Saturday...a mere three days ago...I decided to go out on a limb and order some 550 paracord from an on-line source which didn't have an 800-number to back it up as bona fide. I'm very cautious about things like that; too cautious, friends will tell you. Nevertheless, I decided to take a chance. I received an email confirmation immediately, and then started figuratively chewing my fingernails as I waited to determine if I'd been suckered. To my everlasting surprise, when I got home from work tonight, my mailbox held a squishy package. I pulled it out, wondering if a friend had sent me a surprise, and was amazed to see the return address. Not only had they shipped my cord for free, they'd shipped it by priority mail!

As for the project books, "fusion ties" are really nothing more than the elementary knots found in decorative marlinespike seamanship. Paracord is softer and easier to work than rope, and therefore an excellent material for bracelets, lanyards and key fobs. Plus, it comes in really cool colors! More fun for those long winter evenings!

No comments:

Post a Comment