Monday, October 29, 2012

Prodigal's Return



Day 27 (Part B): At 9 AM, Fuzzy Wuzzy was MIA and I figured he'd dropped more deeply into the Euonymus than I could readily see, protected from bird predation by those long urticarial guard hairs which can be irritating to humans as well. At least that's what I was telling myself hopefully, not wanting to admit the possibility that he'd met a natural end. I kept checking from the kitchen...the wall of the garage is visible from the window...and a little later, I thought I could see color which wasn't the pink of old Euonymus. Sure enough, there was my little friend, back again, and boy, was I relieved! Perhaps he's still looking for the perfect shelter. Tonight's bedcheck finds him missing again. I wonder if he'll be back in the morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment