Sunday, November 4, 2012

Alternate Persona



Day 33: Meet yet another of the chronicler's alternate personas, Masaka. I won't attempt to delude you. I don't do this well, although I do it fairly often as a way to stay in shape over the winter when other forms of exercise are denied me by weather, and I can already hear you thinking, "So why do you need a costume?" The answer to that is that sometimes someone can talk me into performing if and only if they bribe me with good food, nice company and a promise not to laugh. Plus, I like costumes as most of you already know well, and a belly-dance outfit gives me a chance to show off those wonderful silver treasures I've gleaned as a pirate. Who knows? It might even provide an opportunity to gather a few more spoils. I mean, think about it. What better way to weasel your way into the privacy of a captain's cabin than by offering entertainment no man long at sea could resist? Who would ever suspect a delicate and feminine dancer of being the infamous Black Blade?

No comments:

Post a Comment