Monday, November 5, 2012

You Can Lead A Stump To Water...



Day 34: With hydroelectric dams and reservoirs surrounding me, stumps of all sorts and sizes are easy to find. I love walking along the lakeshore when the water levels are low, making new acquaintances in almost every bay and coulee. So many of them look like strange beasts, or sometimes even familiar ones, and oftentimes will present an entirely different aspect when viewed from the opposite side. This fellow looked for all the world like a baby elephant when I got 'round him, a long trunk projecting out over the water, his whiskers no longer in evidence and his stance somewhat less graceful. We passed the time of day, and it is likely that I shall not see him again after the reservoir is brought back to capacity next summer; I am glad our paths crossed upon this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment