Saturday, December 29, 2012

That Time Of Year


Day 88: It's that time of year again, time for me to resign myself to imprisonment by grey weather, time to do projects and time to put together jigsaw puzzles. There are several dozen on my closet shelf, most of the 1000-piece variety, and almost without exception, they have been chosen for difficulty of assembly. I like them hard, and I prefer natural scenes to those with evidence of humanity. No bridges, barns or tree-lined lanes for me! I want birds and mountain landscapes and flowers, all the things I miss in these dreary months of Pacific Northwe't winter.

With a sewing project also underway these last few days, I've been working on quicker 500-piece puzzles, things I can complete in an afternoon to free up the table for the machine in the evening. That said, I no longer have that excuse. I put the last eyelets in a new pirate shirt today, and when I get this Cardinal put together, my next puzzle will be a big one!

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the puzzle I thought, It figures, she picked the most appropriate thing imaginable for the end of the year. Isn't this the time of the year we put the last pieces in place? Better still, I think you've done this unconsciously.

    ReplyDelete