Sunday, January 27, 2013

Fish Out Of Water


Day 117: Just having a little photographic fun today! These goldfish always sat atop my mother's hutch when I was young. They're wooden, and the lighter colored one is missing one of its beady eyes (a situation I will remedy some day if I can find a suitable bead). I seem to recall that at one time, they had stickers on the bottom saying they were made in China. These too are long gone.

I wanted to find a way to present them so that they looked like they were in a watery environment, so spread a sheet of blue cellophane over a piece of white cardstock and arranged the Hoya bella so that its tendrils hung down behind the subjects. The setting looked exactly like a houseplant behind a couple of wooden fish, not at all what I wanted. Then it occurred to me to put the cellophane OVER the plant which created a more "watery" look. A little sand for a sea floor, and my little carp were swimming happily along as fish out of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment