Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Should Have Done This Years Ago


Day 120 (Part A): Yes, I should have done this years ago. It took a furnace crisis and my oil company discontinuing delivery service out here to push me into installing electric heat, but as of today, it is done. My home is quite small (980 sq. ft.) and cozy with a large living room, a large kitchen, two modest bedrooms and a bath, and of course I can't be in more than one room at a time, so it seems silly to heat them all equally. I had wall-mount heaters with fans installed in my bedroom and the living room, and baseboards in the crafts room (spare bedroom) and bath. A wide archway into the kitchen allows heat to pass freely from the living room. Electricity is one of the more economical ways to heat in my area, certainly better than oil and much cleaner. I expect these units to pay for themselves within a year or two. Even better yet, I can stand in front of one of these when I want to warm up!

No comments:

Post a Comment