Thursday, January 10, 2013

Today's Mail


Day 100: I had been alerted to the fact that I had a package containing small parts headed my way from Canada, but I was not expecting it to arrive for a few more days. When I discovered it in my mailbox today, I took it, per instructions, to a spot where I could open it without fear of cats making off with tiny things. As it turned out, the items were safely contained, and oh, what wonderful gifts!

My Canadian friend's woodworking skills are legend. I already had two beautiful pens she had given me, but this ebony fountain pen has already achieved "favorite" status. There is nothing quite like the feel of writing with a fountain pen, even if your penmanship is as dreadful as mine. I suspect it will inspire a Morgan Corbye story or two as it glides across paper.

The lace-making bobbins could not have been more timely. I just started a bobbin-lace project this morning. The narrow shafts of these will allow them to be clustered on the bolster much more easily than the "fat-handled" batch I'm currently using. Thank you, Di!

No comments:

Post a Comment