Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Have A Heart


Day 140: In my book, there are two foods so divine that I could eat them every day and never tire of them. One is cranberry sauce and the other is artichokes. No, I don't eat them together!

There is, of course, the debate about what condiment to use with an artichoke. My preference lies with mayonnaise rather than butter. I find that butter masks the delicate flavour of this prince of vegetables whereas mayonnaise adds just the right note of piquancy to the meaty-nutty taste. That said, artichoke hearts are a treat in and of themselves regardless of what spice may or may not have been included in the marinade.

Tonight, we achieve epicurean Nirvana in the Crow's kitchen: a fresh jumbo artichoke with marinated hearts for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment