Sunday, February 17, 2013

Zoom


Day 138: Oh, I know you'll tell me all about proper posture and wind resistance and muscle efficiency and all that stuff, but no matter how long I tried to train myself to ride bent forward, I simply was not comfortable on my bike unless I could sit up relatively straight in the way we used to ride our single-speeds as kids. I like to look forward as I ride, not down at the pavement, and after thirty or forty miles, I'd get a heck of a stiff neck from having my head tipped back. Since my average ride is in that distance range, I decided to customize my basic Schwinn mountain bike. The solution to the problem was fairly simple, although it also meant I had to have the brake cables changed out as well: add an extender to the stem. Now I can ride for hours in total comfort, although I'm still waiting for the weather to warm up before I set out on an all-day trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment