Sunday, March 3, 2013

Blueberry Bead Bracelet


Day 152: The kit to make this cute little bracelet was a Christmas gift from a friend who said she'd purchased it as much for the packaging (inset) as for the content, and I had to agree. The little Wren with her brolly, sou'wester and matching gumboots reminds me of characters from the storybooks of my youth.

The project has been sitting next to my weather station since Christmas Day, a spot where I knew it would remind me that it needed to be made. Each morning, I would see it there and say to myself, "I have got to work on that today," and after entering weather data on the chart, I would promptly forget all about it until the following day. Last night, I took a firmer stand and put it atop the bobbin lace pillow. It took about ten minutes to complete with a minor adjustment to the instructions to shorten it to fit my tiny wrist. The blueberries would fool you into thinking they were real if someone slipped them into your breakfast cereal!

No comments:

Post a Comment