Saturday, March 9, 2013

Proof Against Merchandising


Day 158: I like to fancy that I'm proof against any type of merchandising, but every now and then, I find myself caught up by something I simply cannot resist. Red labels, prices ending in "99," elaborate end cap displays...nah, I walk right past them and don't give them a second glance. I shop by going straight to the items on my list, adding them to my cart and making a beeline for the checkout. No gimmick is going to trip me up into spending money I don't need to spend.

Except Angry Birds. No, I am not buying every Angry Birds item I see, but I do have an Angry Birds stuffie and some fridge magnets and...well...when it came time to buy Easter candy, I went for Angry Birds without giving a single thought to what the candy itself might taste like. It claims to be "fruit flavored," but a strong odor of bubblegum filled the room when I opened the package. Gack. And yes, I'm going to save the Golden Egg for last. Sheesh, did you have to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment