Friday, May 24, 2013

SNAFU - Some Nut's All Flickr'd Up

Day 234: I've been holding out hope for a return to normalcy at Flickr for several days now, but staff are reluctant to respond in any but the most oblique and vaguely insulting way to over 23,000 angry users. My complaints about the redesign are minimal and largely related to slow internet; in fact, there are more than a few things I sincerely like about the new interface.

That said, I am angry beyond words that Flickr broke faith thousands of users by substituting a different product for the one we purchased with our subscriptions, and without notice. I am aghast at the lack of response by staff to user complaints. Flickr has effectively alienated its client base even while soliciting advertisers to address them. That just doesn't make good business sense.

2 comments:

  1. you will be missed dear lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll be around. I have too many people I care about...like you...to leave entirely. And I'm still hoping for resolution.

      Delete