Sunday, June 9, 2013

Debris


Day 250: It's my pet project: removing at least ten years' accumulated debris from the Volunteer Campground at Longmire. This year, we had the equipment and we had a means of disposal, but we lacked manpower, so today I went in to see what I could do about shortening up the work before a second small crew comes in at the end of the week. In eight and a half hours, I succeeded in economically filling a 15-yard drop-box using a rake, a pitchfork, a wheelbarrow, a bow saw and my gloved hands.

There's nothing like manual labor to make you feel good about yourself, and to shunt aside whatever other frets might be on your mind. Frustrations? Take them out on a woodpile! When you're done, you can kick back and take a break, knowing that you deserve it.

The War of Crow vs. Pile is by no means over. Fifteen yards only accounted for half of one of a dozen heaps. Whatever the world hands me, there's lots of work to help me forget about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment