Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Three-Quarters Of A Pair



Day 267: I don't recall the specifics, but for some reason (possibly decorating for Christmas), I moved the Ethiopian basket and the project it contained from the top of a living-room bookcase to a less obvious one around the corner in the kitchen. The basket has sat there ever since, the sock in progress forgotten, and other more pressing works (quilting, blackwork, bobbin lace) pushing the unfinished knitting away from my attention. You see, a personal rule governs my needlework: I may engage in any number of projects concurrently, but no two of the same type, which is to say I may be knitting, crocheting, quilting, making lace, embroidering, spinning, weaving, tatting in any given time frame, but I may not knit a sweater until the socks are finished. The rule prevents me from becoming bored over the long term, but I think it's about time I pick up the needles again!

No comments:

Post a Comment