Monday, July 15, 2013

Sunny Bunny



Day 286: Almost every time I go for a bike ride, I see bunnies, and after hearing a horror story from a bike technician about how he broke his collarbone when he smacked a bunny on his way to work one day, I live in mortal dread of one of the little critters running out in front of me. They can change direction on a dime, these little guys, and they make jack-rabbit starts (yeah, I know...bad joke). I'd had half a dozen running alongside me this morning before I spotted this guy, hiding in the dappled shade of a small cedar. Usually, they're too jumpy to get a decent picture, but I think he was convinced his camouflage was impeccable. He sat still as a stone and allowed me to go past him, no more than ten feet away. And there he sat, content to let me take his picture and go on my merry way. I hope he finished his breakfast before some other cyclist frightened him away.

No comments:

Post a Comment