Saturday, August 31, 2013

Aw, Nuts!



Day 333: I went to visit my fishing buddy today and took him out in his wheelchair for a long ramble around the compound. We sat for a while at the fishing pond without fishing, simply enjoying the sun and friendship, watching the big trout swim and rise to take dragonflies from the surface. The grounds are park-like: immaculate lawns, old trees casting deep shade, covered walkways, carefully groomed shrubs, and everywhere, fat Douglas squirrels scurry about for the peanuts residents provide. As I was watching one particularly plump female, my eye fell on this happy sculpture on a pedestal under a central canopy. I angled around, trying to get the real squirrel in the shot with it, but unfortunately the depth of field I had to use to get a good exposure on the sculpture turned the live animal into a blur. You can still see her to the left of the statue's tail, sitting upright in a similar pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment