Friday, August 2, 2013

Two-Part Part A


Day 304: Take a guess! Take a wild guess what Crow bought herself for an early September Morn present! All I got to bring home today was the two-part paddle, but tomorrow, I'm heading back down to REI to have a cartop rack installed, and then the boat comes home. I thought about holding off until they could order a green one in for me, but with summer running down fast, I decided I could live with red in exchange for more days' paddling time. After researching specs and comparing reviews, I finally settled on a 10-foot Perception Prodigy, a wider and therefore more stable boat than many of the others. I had anticipated paying more for the rack than I did for the kayak, and yes, that's how it worked out. The other major factor I had to consider was weight, and whether or not I'd be able to load it onto the rack without a helper. That also determined what type of rack I'd need to buy.

There's no shortage of flat water here! Within easy drive from home, I hope to set sail on Swofford Pond, Lake Scanewa, Alder Lake, Mineral Lake, Lake Kapowsin and Ohop Lake. It's not the Winged Adventure of my dreams, but now this old pirate's at least got a boat to float!

No comments:

Post a Comment