Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I Need An Extra Pair Of Hands



Day 56: With everything I have to get done to be ready to ship Christmas prezzies some time in the next two weeks, I really need an extra pair of hands! Oh, I have the major stuff out of the way. This is the last-minute flurry of  projects which hits me every year in November. "Gosh, I should have made a ... for Patty, and I bet Mousie would like one, too."And so it goes.

I do my Christmas "shopping" early, which is to say that before Christmas 2013 arrives, I'll be started on projects for Christmas 2014 and may even have them finished up by January or February. No last-minute dashes to the crowded stores for me! But when November rolls around and the weather keeps me housebound, my mind strays to things I can do with my hands. Inevitably, that line of thought finds me browsing needlework catalogs, placing orders and stitching like a madwoman as I race against the calendar to create just one more gift for a special friend.

The end table beside my chair is piled high with the tools of the trade, various handcrafts spilling off the edges, the supplies I most urgently need becoming buried as a rotation between embroidery, knitting, crocheting and the like takes materials to the bottom of the heap. "That *$&% ruler is in here somewhere," I curse as idle double-point needles roll off onto the floor. "Where the #%*# is my stitch counter? I had it a minute ago."

Well, on that note, it's back to work I go! If I'm diligent, I can get that ... done before I go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment