Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Morning, Noon And Night



Day 70: Morning, noon and night, the Mountain anchors me. Hidden or seen, there is not a moment that the Presence is not felt. I moved away once, foolish and young as I was, and did not comprehend what had gone missing in my life until I returned to the state some few years later. There, dominating the horizon as always, was the Being whose legends and lore were central to my upbringing, welcoming me home.

These three photos (all shot today) show the Mountain in one of its more consistent moods, something of a rarity especially in light of the lenticular cloud formations over the summit. The first, taken from the pasture opposite my home, was shot at dawn. The second image presents the view from the Community Building in Longmire (Mount Rainier National Park). The third capture is from the bridge over Kautz Creek (also in Mount Rainier National Park) and was taken on my way home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment