Monday, January 20, 2014

Grateful For What I Am Given



Day 110: The photo leaves something to be desired, but I am grateful for what I am given. This is the best shot of a Chestnut-Backed Chickadee (Poecile rufescens) I have achieved to date. In my haste to catch him in profile, I focused on the branch rather than the bird.

Chickadees of any sort always seem to elude me. I hear them. I see them darting in amongst thickets and scrub, but I can never get a clear picture. To hear other people talk about them, you would get the impression that they regularly eat out of peoples' hands. In my experience, I've noted them as shy and reclusive. This little fellow hung around the high point in Pack Forest only long enough for three back view poses and this image before he flew off down-valley singing, "Chick-a-dee-dee-dee, you can't catch meeeeee!"

No comments:

Post a Comment