Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Stepping Out



Day 112: I'd already ordered a standard pedometer before I purchased the iPod Nano and then was pleased to find that the iPod had a mileage tracker built in. Of course when I'm hiking, I don't want an iPod singing in my ear and keeping me from hearing the sounds of Nature, but Aussie folk music and sea shanties keep foot-pounding pavement miles from being boring. Anyway, the step-counting pedometer arrived yesterday and I got it all set up except for calibrating my pace. Got the battery installed, the time set, my weight entered, and most importantly (to this story anyway), I attached the belt leash, a little security strap like you'd attach to a pocket camera. Then I left the pedometer on my desk and went to bed. When I got up this morning, it had counted five steps...not unreasonable, because it was in the middle of the living room floor. The temptation of the strap was too much, and now I wonder...should I calibrate it to Skunk's pace?

No comments:

Post a Comment